[linux-audio-user] Musix GNU+Linux 0.30-final, released / download mirrors

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Dec 23 16:14:11 EST 2005

> Hi Marcos,
>
> Yesterday I've made an installation of Musix. So I realized that
> Musix is nothing else than a drilled out, userfriendly DeMuDi.

Or an demudised knoppix, or an musixised gnu+linux, or a kernelanized
PC, etc.

> I tried Kernel 2.6.13-1-multimedia and later I updated to Kernel
> 2.6.14-1-multimedia - but I'am disappointed about the performance of
> the audio realtime. In the comparison to the actuall RT hack for the
> SuSE Kernel
> (http://www.opensuse.org/index.php/RT_Kernel_Instructions) I have
> lots of more xruns on the same machine and a worse performance.
>
> Is the DeMuDi Multimedia kernel so slow as it seemed?

I dont know, you can try 2.6.12-3, if you have benchmarks, maybe we
could know something else about this issue, cheers

> Regards
> Michael
>
> Am Dienstag, den 20.12.2005, 15:57 +0100 schrieb Marcos Guglielmetti:
> > On Tuesday 20 December 2005 14:01, Michael Bohle wrote:
> > > Hi Marcos
> > >
> > > Very nice distribution, lots of very practical userfriendly
> > > scripts.
> >
> > I'm glad. I think that new users must have very user-friendly
> > distros to get into the gnu linux world
> >
> > > But the localiation is mostly spanish or portugese - no problem
> > > for me ;)
> >
> > mmm, it ought to be in english if you type english from the
> > isolinux's "boot:". But there are a lot of scripts in both english
> > and spanish, and a few scripts (1, 2 or 3) only in spanish, we must
> > fix this situation.
> >
> > > Thank you for your nice work... i will integrate some of your
> > > ideas in the openSUSE audio distribution, you have made some
> > > ideas of mine come true - like telepatic connection ;) And
> > > otherwise, (ec the ghostness script) i have realized that in a
> > > other way, but same... funny.
> >
> > jeje, great. Please tell me when the openSUSE audio distro is out,
> > i will see it
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Marcos
> >
> > > Michael
> > >
> > > www.jacklab.net | www.opensuse.org/JackLab | irc.freenode.net
> > > #jacklab
> > >
> > > Am Freitag, den 16.12.2005, 22:55 +0100 schrieb Marcos
Guglielmetti:

--
Marcos Guglielmetti(www.pc-musica.com.ar)
Coordinador del desarrollo de Musix GNU+Linux (www.musix.org.ar)