[linux-audio-user] Re: Current merrits of tmpfs with Jack

Ross Vandegrift ross at jose.lug.udel.edu
Sat Dec 24 00:13:09 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 07:11:46PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 15:31 -0800, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> > Yes, either $HOME/.jack_server_sockets_path_<hostname>
> > or /tmp/jack_server_sockets_path_<username>
>
> i see the attraction, i am just not sure its the best solution.

While I agree, something like /tmp/blahblah_$USER is a very common
solution to this issue.  A quick survey of my /tmp shows the following
things are doing it this way:

alsa
csdebug
gaim
gconfd
keychain
kde
ksocket
mapping
mc
mcop
mplayer
orbit
ssh-agent
xmms
xses

I can't even place where some of those are coming from!

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu

man in the bonds of Hell."