[linux-audio-user] Low Latency Problems with limits.conf

espame espame at comcast.net
Sat Dec 24 00:18:28 EST 2005

Hello - I am new to the mailing list so please excuse any errors I may make in
asking questions.

 I am running an updated ARCH (7.1) linux box. The standard kernel is
2.6.14.4 and I am having no luck with real time using limits.conf. Other ARCH
linux users report success using this method with no additional
configuration. I get a lot of xruns. Pam version is > .80.  As root, I can
get latency down to 5ms or so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.