[linux-audio-user] active nearfield monitors

studio64 fsmith at walescomputers.co.uk
Mon Dec 26 06:55:02 EST 2005

Alexandre Ratchov wrote:

>On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 01:02:54PM -0500, Greg wrote:
>

>>Hi list,  I'm thinking about getting some decent monitoring for
>>mycomputer.  I read good things about Bluesky mediadesk 2.1.  $500
>>orless is what i'm looking at. The Samson ribbon monitors also
>>lookinteresting but bass-lacking.  Basically I'm interested in
>>somethingaccurate and flat.  I use low end a lot, but I don't like
>>the XTREMEBASS SUBZ you find in most consumer equipment.so what are
>>you using, what for? anything else I should know?
>>

>hello,
>
>i've got the behringer truth b2030a connected to my roland xv-2020
>sound module. I'm using them to play jazz piano and/or simple
>arrangements (drums, bass, piano, strings). I especially like the way
>they render acoustic patches (jazz drum kit, pianos, upright bass...).

Hi
I have the Behringer Trust Actives and really like them ( take out the
top HF on the back for a flatter sound)
Like anything sound wise, try and hear all you can, then when you chose
sit and listen to them then listen some more.
I haven't used my sub yet as this will take time to setup correctly, but
I play back all my stuff on my Hifi with the sub and haven't had any
bass problems so far.

Cheers
Bob