[linux-audio-user] I'm back with some more music

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 07:16:56 EST 2005

Bill Allen wrote:

> There is some really great stuff on LAM.

Amen. However, I do have some questions regarding the provenance of some
pieces. For instance, was the Qt4Dance track done with Linux software ?
Who did the track Burningbai ? How were Juan Linietsky's neat tracks
produced ? Who are The Girls and where can I hear more of their songs ?
Alas, the track info doesn't say. :(

> Unfortunately, I have very limited time for listening to it. Most of
> my listening time (ironically) is at work where I'm stuck with Windows
> and no ogg listening option - and worse due to corporate paranoia, I
> can't install anything. Tim put a recent piece onto a site that has
> automatic conversion to mp3, but for some reason WMP barfs on the mp3
> that comes out. Alas, being stuck with crap software.

WMP doesn't play Ogg files or streams ??

I'm so out of touch. Ivy uses WinXP on her nice Dell laptop, but the
only time I'm near it is when we watch DVDs or AVIs upstairs. WMP
performs well then, though the display keeps reverting from full-screen
to a smaller window. I think it's a screensaver issue. Well, I'll just
roll up my sleeves, fire up the compiler, hack the OS code a bit... oh,
wait, wrong system, my bad... So ya got this car ya can't fix, eh Bill
?  Can't even open the hood, eh ?...  ;-)

> Keep making music everybody.

Same at ya. :)

Best,

dp