[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 27, Issue 102

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Wed Dec 28 11:47:31 EST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 17:45 +0100, COCHARD Yves wrote:
> >what do you mean Mac emulation? if you are talking about PearPC
> >
> >Are you talking about qemu?
> >

> Yes/No, I'm talking about PearPC. I just got the idea that it could be
> easier to run vst plugin this way as I only heard stuff from wine...
> (and the "difficulty" of installing it) But probably the running an
> entire vst host in a mac's emulation would cost to much cpu usage. At
> least if you want to have ardour, seq24, and some others working at the
> same time... Could an other way be a kind of [fst+pearpc for the gui].

maybe i am missing something, but i think you're being really twisted
here. running win32/x86 VST plugins on linux/x86 is one thing. but
trying to run win32/x86 VST plugins on */ppc is something entirely
different, and seems completely insane because you have to do not just
OS API mapping, but processor emulation.

if you want to run macos/ppc VST plugins on linux/ppc, you don't need
WINE or PearPC for that.

--p