[linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Dec 29 14:00:10 EST 2005

Rick Wright wrote:

> I'd like the qjackctl windows (i.e. the control window, messages,
> connections, status) to open for a subsequent executation in the same
> screen locations as I had them at shutdown from the last execution.  Is
> this possible?  I can't seem to find an option for this.
>
> All (and only those) windows that were visible from the previous
> execution do indeed appear on the subsequent application run (which is
> good), but the window positioning appears to be forgotten.
>
> Rui, if this is not currently supported, would it be possible to add
> this feature?

Window positioning persistence is already featured and is default
behavior, for quite some time. AFAICS its been ever since ;). Problem is
that behavior may vary, with some glitches depending on your particular
WM. It is well known, at least to me, that window positions aren't
remembered very well if you stick to use the WM close button on those
window titles, usually the ones labeled as [X]. OTOH if you use qjackctl
main window control buttons, to toggle child window visibility and to
quit application, all seems to work just fine ;) or so I believe and
been told.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela