[linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

pirrone pirrone at localnet.com
Thu Dec 29 15:15:57 EST 2005

Rick Wright wrote:

> I am finding inconsistency in the window positioning persistence.
> Sometimes the windows appear in the same position, sometimes they
> don't.  This has been tested using only the QJC main window control
> buttons as recommended above.
>
> Leaving the windows open (only testing using 4 of them: main, status,
> messages, connections) upon shutdown (quit on main window) and
> restarting QJC sometimes gives the same locations and sometimes not,
> but it seems that the windows don't like the presence of other windows
> (i.e. an xterm from which to start QJC!) and the most prevalent
> offender is the main window.  Actually, it seems that upon the first
> restart of QJC, the positions are remembered, but without moving any
> windows, a second quit/restart results in some windows appearing
> cascaded from the top left of the desktop.  Window sizes are always
> remembered.
>
> Can anyone else reproduce this?
>
> Rick

Rick,

Everything works as expected in Fluxbox even without asking the WM to
remember window positions.  All four windows arrange themselves around
the middle of the screen with the QJC main opening by default in the
upper left corner.  With an xterm open as a test, the main window tiles
itself to the right of the terminal window as is the default behavior,
but all four of the program's windows open where they were before and
without the terminal.

Frank