[linux-audio-user] Re: QJackCtl window position consistency?

Paul set at pobox.com
Fri Dec 30 03:46:08 EST 2005

Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name>, on Fri Dec 30, 2005 [07:24:47 AM] said:
> Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> writes:
>
> > the app can't be responsible for remembering the position of its
> > windows?
>
> I would strongly disagree;). I think this is exactly the apps
> responsibility. The WM should not maintain a database over every
> window that an app may open. That's absurd;). Imagine apps like
> Nautilus, Gimp and such. It's not very cumbersome to switch WM either
> as all will be lost.

	Hi;

	The application can specify its desired geometry, both size
and placement, but the window manager can ignore it. Unfortunately, it
seems like qt apps seem to mostly ignore the -geometry command line
option. So, you can blame either the app, or the wm. But in the case
of a qt app, they dont seem to make any effort to deal with the situation.
My qt app obeys the geometry, qjackctl and qdvdauthor, as a trivial test
do not...

Paul
set at pobox.com