[linux-audio-user] QJackCtl window position consistency?

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Fri Dec 30 15:58:40 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-30 at 00:55 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:12:54 +0000
> Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:
>
> > just as an example hint: when you close a window with the provided WM's
> > X button, the GUI user program code usually gets notified only _after_
> > the proper window close, so asking for window extents as for later
> > remembrance is straight WrongProcedure(tm).
>
> Hi,
>
> in all the toolkits i used i think i remember that one is able to catch
> pretty much every window event. Especially closing of windows. So, it
> should be simple to catch it before doing the real closing and storing
> the geometry values somewhere. I don't know any Qt specific stuff, but
> it should be doable there, too.

    You need to overload closeEvent (QCloseEvent *event) and call your
closing routine (or put your stuff) in there.

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744