[linux-audio-user] Interesting product...

Ryan Gallagher ruinaudio at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 13:56:43 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 12:05 -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-02-01 at 17:48 -0600, Ryan Gallagher wrote:
> > On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 23:56 +0100, Emiliano Grilli wrote:
> > > It's a synthesized orchestra called synful:
> > >
> > > http://www.synful.com/
> > >
> > > the demos are just amazing
> >
> > Amazing is an understatement.  The demos are UNBELIEVABLE!  I'm in
> > shock.
> >
> > -ry
>
> I was really impressed until I looked at the page explaining their
> "synthesis" technology..  It's really more like clever sample mixing
> than the pure synthesis their marketing implies.

Yes, I realized after reading about the "technology" it's just a
software "rompler" (the size of the download tipped me off too) however
the sound of those samples is really stunning.  The first two I can
hardly tell are software generated.

Even if this is just fancy sample/noise/phrase mixing/modulation the
results are great judging only from what I've heard.

-ry

--
Ryan Gallagher <ruinaudio at comcast.net>