[linux-audio-user] Wine Dilemna {Was "Windows Audio Apps with latest Wine"}

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Tue Jan 4 02:56:32 EST 2005

Shayne O'Connor wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 12:43, Mark Knecht wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:59:14 -0500 (EST), hanaghan at starband.net
>><hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
>>

>>>This would be good but I have to ponder this point;
>>>
>>>The purpose of Linux audio and it's native applications was to create an
>>>open source alternative, that equals and in many cases exceeds the
>>>proprietary software world was it not?
>>>

>yes, it does seem a bit stupid, but i think we should have a right to use any software we choose. that means being able to use windows software on linux, or open source software on windows.
>having windows audio apps work on linux will make the transition easier for people who've only ever used windows. at the same time, i'm not suggesting that our very talented open-source developers dedicate any time to this, only us users and hackers ... surely it's a no-lose situation?
>
>i agree with mark - linux is more about choice - which includes the choice to not use proprietary software.
>
>anyway, i'm sort of happy with what i've got now, so i guess i'll leave it up to the individual as to whether they could be bothered :)
>
>shayne

As I responded to Mark's statement, the adjusted wording and sentiment
is this;  do as you will with what you will. I aint no ones daddy when
it comes to Linux, windows or otherwise. :)

It is the choice of the individual and I forbid myself to make grandiose
statements in the future because God forbid I should impose an opinion
on someone else.  :)

R~