[linux-audio-user] Wine Dilemna {Was "Windows Audio Apps with latest Wine"}

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Tue Jan 4 12:08:07 EST 2005

Mark Knecht wrote:

>On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:56:32 -0800, Russell Hanaghan
><hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
>

>>As I responded to Mark's statement, the adjusted wording and sentiment
>>is this;  do as you will with what you will. I aint no ones daddy when
>>it comes to Linux, windows or otherwise. :)
>>
>>It is the choice of the individual and I forbid myself to make grandiose
>>statements in the future because God forbid I should impose an opinion
>>on someone else.  :)
>>

>Nahh..make those statements. Nothing you said bothered me in the least
>and the freedom to make those statements is another part of what makes
>this environ just a bit more cool than some others.
>
>>From my point of view I completely separate, 100%, operating systems
>from applications. However I know others do not, and that's their
>right. For me operating systems are platforms that handle hardware and
>give my apps a places to live and breath. Apps are my tools, and for
>my work I want to best tools I can find. I know enough about you to
>know you're much the same.
>
>POV:
>
>I don't much care for Windows but I truly like M$ Office.
>
>I don't much care for Windows but I truly like Pro Tools.
>
>I like Linux a lot but there aren't *any* apps which, IMO, measure up
>to Office and Pro Tools in terms of my ability to be productive, so in
>my case I use Office and Pro Tools. Office runs fine on my favorite
>platform, while Pro Tools doesn't, so I use both platforms. I have no
>issues with that.
>
>I know others don't view it this way at all. There are many (well, I
>don't know that for a fact) people that seem to want to make their
>platform and application choices from a political position. The old
>Soviet Union and Microsoft are 'Evil Empires'. I support their right
>to have that opinion and make whatever choice suits them. I plan on
>joining them in Linux-only/Open-Source-only land when the tools make
>me more productive.
>
>Until then I'll use what I can and help test new OS apps that I think
>might make a difference in my productivity and the productivity of
>others. I will also honestly evangelize for Linux and Linux apps when
>and where I can. (Key word - honestly)
>
>In the meantime, PLEASE keep making those statements. They are needed
>and I, for one, greatly appreciate them.
>
>With best regards,
>Mark

NO woories Mate! :)

I was tired and prolly misinterpreted your tone.  But there IS this
safeguard....I have an opinion on EVERYTHING~ lol. And sadly, I am NOT
shy in sharing it.  But this forum is healthy for me; I respect evryone
here so much with regard to the audio contributions, that I do tend to
watch my "p's n q's" so as not to come of like more of an a$$hole than I
already am! :)

Cheers & have a good day.

P.S.  Will be in Santa Clara tommorrow afternoon!  Satrbux is on me if
your around! :)

R~