[linux-audio-user] Re: Feasibility of Crestron like Linux Based Whole

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Jan 4 14:11:56 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 14:14 -0800, Andrew Burgess wrote:
> I have a system similar to what you are thinking about
>
> >Each destination is equiped with speakers only.  At this time, the
> >speakers are wired to a central location
>
> Yep. I use 2 USB soundcards to give me 6 stereo channels. I can play
> 6 different mp3 sources to 6 rooms.

You could also do this with an emu10k1 or emu10k2 based card, anything
that has 6 channels of output (like the 5.1, or anything with the
LiveDrive, which gives a headphone out).  These can be used as 6
independent mono channels, or 3 stereo streams.  Plus this card
resamples in hardware which makes things a lot easier.

Lee