[linux-audio-user] BruteFIR convolution help

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:04:16 EST 2005

Hello derek,

dh> I'm staggering my way through the BruteFIR documentation in hopes of
dh> building a simple soundfile convolver. Not being a mathematician, I'm
dh> not too good at writing FIR filter coefficients ;-) Besides that, using
dh> coeficients is not what I am looking for. If anyone here is using
dh> BruteFIR to convolve one sound file or sound stream with a soundfile
dh> impulse, could you post an example config for that?

in the attachment is a small config that should do it, assumed you
have the default config as described on the BruteFIR page.

I made comments in the file where necessary.

BruteFIR also uses JACK, which even has become much easier since
Torger's last update (v1.0b). Just put JACK in as the device and hook
it up to your other Jack-capable audio application with jack.

I do not know of any other convolution engines that beat BruteFIR when
it comes to efficiency.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Marije