[linux-audio-user] Re: FreeWheeling live looper prerelease

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Tue Jan 4 23:18:51 EST 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 02:53:33AM +0100, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> jp, the energy and thought you have put into this are truly glamorous.
> Much in the same way that Fons Adriaensen's unique work
> (http://users.skynet.be/solaris/linuxaudio) inspires gleeful things
> you've added a beautiful instrument to the band. Oh, what am I telling
> you, you know this.

I wholeheartedly agree to this, you're awesome, JP

> > Spencer wrote-
> > > MEM: HiPri Thread 0
> > > fweelin: pthread_mutex_lock.c:78: __pthread_mutex_lock: Assertion
> > > `mutex->__data.__owner == 0' failed. Aborted
>
> owner "0" would be root so maybe Spencer runs jackd as root and fweelin
> can't connect being run with Spencer's user rights. If so he would have
> to run fweelin as root too -- which is bad -- or go 2.6/lsm or
> 2.4/capabilities/jackstart respectively.
>
> Wolfgang

I'm running 2.6 with the realtime LSM module, with my user in the
audio group. I'm running qjackconnect and fweelin both with my
non-root user. If I remember my c++, an assertion intentionally
causes an error in the program when a condition isn't met, right?
So maybe the program thinks I should be root? Thanks for the response.

-spencer