[linux-audio-user] setting loop-points

Tobiah st at tobiah.org
Wed Jan 5 04:03:48 EST 2005

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to edit looppoints and save the result to a file (to be read by
> csound). I looked at audacity and rezound, but can't figure out how to
> edit the loop-point. Also which format should I save in for the
> looppoints to be preserved?
>
> Maybe someone also has a nice link to some tech-info on sample formats?
>
> Thanks in advance...

The DAP sound editor will edit the loop points in a .aiff file.
You might also check whether some of the soundfont editors are
able to do this and export to a soundfile.  Actually, just the
fact that you are interested in loop points makes me wonder
whether you might be more interested in creating soundfonts
anyway.  What is the target application?

Tobiah