[linux-audio-user] Feasibility of Crestron like Linux BasedWholeHouse Audio System - Multisource / Multizone Capable????

Eric Steinberg ergomatic at mail.com
Wed Jan 5 17:30:38 EST 2005

Guys, guys!  Don't waste money on "oxygen-free" cables or other scams.
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
And: if you use balanced cables (most of the soundcards mentioned, e.g. RME and Delta 1010 have balanced "tip-ring-sleeve" connections) you can have very long runs with no audible difference.  I regularly use microphone cables in excess of 1000 meters, in my job as an audio mixer for broadcast sports, and the sound is hum-free and good enough for broadcast.  Line-level audio signals will go even further- and if you can hear or measure a difference you have golden Bat ears.

-Steiny
(510)907-0897