[linux-audio-user] Common linux audio layer

Kevin Ernste kevinernste at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 21:48:53 EST 2005

Hi Chris -

I don't have real answers to your questions (other than "more apps
need to get to know JACK"), but I can attest to the strange feeling of
watching your excellent videos and, with the JACK tutorial in
particular, being ironically unable to open the discussed applications
along with you because the audio device is blocked playing the
video....an audio Catch 22.  I can imagine a new user running into
this and being pretty frustrated.

In any case, the other reason I chimed in was to thank you for your
work.  The newest version of the JACK video is especially well done
and I think new users in particular will benefit.

Kevin