[linux-audio-user] spectral correction

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Thu Jan 6 09:21:53 EST 2005

Nathaniel Virgo:
> I don't remember ever using it but I think the Ceres spectral editor
> does what you want, possibly, along with all kinds of other funky
> stuff.  There seem to be several versions by different people, I think
> ceres3 is the most recent but I'm not sure.

Not really. Ceres3 is based on a ~10 year old fork of Ceres. Both Ceres3
and Ceres are both still being actively developed independently of each
other. They both have theire pros and cons. Generally (and probably
stupid) said, ceres is more fancy while ceres3 is more academic.

I'm thinking about renaming Ceres as Ceres4, because Ceres3 sounds
newer and better than Ceres. But if I did, Ceres4 would sounds newer
and better than Ceres3 again, which might not be true either.

(Well, to be hounest, I sometimes think Ceres3 should be named something
non-ceres though. It is a bit confusing.)