[linux-audio-user] Tracktion & Wine

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Fri Jan 7 02:19:01 EST 2005

When that framework is "opensourced", well, I too would be interested in
participating and I am good at it :-).

Problem is that to get into this, a company needs a business plan far
different than conventional. Sun has a two-tiered approach: Sell Star Office
to those who want support, give out OpenOffice to the rest of us. Sun,
however, is in the computer business.

Mackie is basically a hardware house. I wish I could afford a nice mixer panel
from them. Will it be profitable for them, after the giveaway ends, to sell
Tracktion and add-ons for it, remains to be seen (as this is not really their
focus and maintaining software can be a pain (and resource drain) in the
butt). Opensourcing the whole kitandkaboodle and selling related/dedicated
hardware for it might be an alternative (and the giveaway might just be
testing these waters).