[linux-audio-user] Plans/Roadmaps for 2005?

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Jan 7 09:40:33 EST 2005

Hi,

i'm writing this email, because i'm interested in what plans the
different linux audio developers have for the year 2005 Any new
revolutionary applications planned? Major changes to some of the
existing apps? So let us know. What are your roadmaps for 2005? What are
you guys up to?

Where is help needed?

Anyways, i start off with my own stuff:

amidimon - a terminal midi monitoring app which is very incomplete, but
works good for me. I will finally add the autoconnection feature
somewhere in the spring of this year. I have seen some alternative midi
monitoring apps on the mailing lists in the last year, so maybe i just
dump the project completely instead

rtc_mtc_gen - a small MTC generator app for alsa_seq. I will teach it
drop modes and FPS other than 30

Session - a small gtk2 app to organize collections of programs which
make up a "session". I plan to add LASH support sometime this year. I
think LASH needs a major revisiting though as imho the adoption of it is
rather slow. Maybe it's already too intrusive to applications (i will
start another thread on LASH specifically i think)? Session is still
alpha (planning stage) and if anyone wants to get involved i will be all
ears to suggestions..

The 2.6.x linux audio wiki - i need to definitely update it with newer
information. Sadly spammers have discovered my wiki and i had to disable
public editing access. This is the first thing i'll do after i have
finished some university stuff.

Find my stuff here:

http://www.affenbande.org/~tapas/wiki/index.php?Ware

and here: