[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Plans/Roadmaps for 2005?

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Fri Jan 7 15:52:35 EST 2005

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 15:40 +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
>

>>i'm writing this email, because i'm interested in what plans the
>>different linux audio developers have for the year 2005 Any new
>>revolutionary applications planned? Major changes to some of the
>>existing apps? So let us know. What are your roadmaps for 2005? What are
>>you guys up to?
>>

>I plan to get my patch adding multichannel support to the emu10k1 ALSA
>driver merged, then work on a real hwdep mixer app (probably by
>extending ld10k1/qlo10k1).  As many of you know I'm a big fan of these
>cards, they are extremely cheap and (with good driver support) perfect
>for an entry level DAW, like a portastudio or something.  Anyone who has
>used the kX drivers on Windows knows how much potential this device has,
>and unfortunately the Linux support is still a joke compared to the kX
>driver can do.  But, that is all about to change, as the two crucial
>features (the DSP patch loader and "kX ASIO", aka the full duplex
>multichannel/low latency PCM device) now exist on Linux.
>
>Lee

Lee,

What patch is that...is it public or for your personal use? ReasonI ask
is I also thing the performance of the SBlive card on linux is *very*
good for the buck...I get Sblive5.1's for $19.00 OEM. I also peeked at
the "Cheap man's multichannel card how to" and it has me thinking for
$60.00 I can have me 6 ins, 12 or 18 outs and a heckova cheap and
usefull multi channel box. I use the Delta 1010LT in my production box
but never can have too many! :) Latency was not super great on
SBLive...512 x 2 would produce no Xruns on 2.4.22 kernel and MDK 9.2.
Thats the last I used it. Buty that was also very liveable for like an
outbourd Digital FX rig for a PA and such.

Cheers.

R~