[linux-audio-user] announce: Instrument Tuner: fmit 0.9.9

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sun Jan 9 10:58:18 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 00:06, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 20:46, Jan Depner wrote:
> > Apparently the qt 3.3.3 rpms from CCRMA don't replace qt.sh and qt.csh
> > in /etc/profile.d.  I hand edited the scripts and replaced the default
> > 3.1 with 3.3.3.  I also had to remove qt3.1 from /etc/ld.so.conf and run
> > ldconfig.
>
> Well, you can do that, but that will mess up all qt applications that
> were not linked against qt3.3 (that is, all qt apps that were originally
> compiled for qt3.1). Probably not what you want. Both libraries are
> _not_ compatible and that is why qt33 does not replace qt3.1, it is
> designed to be installed together with it.

    When did this happen?  Can you give me some specifics on what is no
longer backward compatible?  We've been paying $4000 a seat for licenses
and they have yet to break backward compatibility.  Whenever we get a
new release they tell us to replace the old one.  If they're going to
break things we're going to stop giving them money ;-)  So far none of
my Qt apps have broken.

Jan