[linux-audio-user] Lightweight Jack Client & LADSPA host

Iain Young iain at g7iii.net
Sun Jan 9 15:34:01 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 08:54:44PM +0100, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> If you mean command line, would it at least have some ncurses
> controls for the parameters to adjust, or would it be needed
> to pass the parameters at start up?

Well either, both, or none :) I actually started this train of
thought when I wanted a (ncurses) volume/gain control for Jack.

Then I realised, hey why not just use the amp LADSPA plugin ?
All the code is in there, why re-invent the wheel ? Of course,
then I started thinking, why restrict it to the amp plugin ?

(And yes, I know ardour has a ksi interface, but that needs
direct access to the keyboard, and I had other trouble with it,
and boy did it confuse X|KDE after running it with the remote
keyboard...)

Certainly early versions would most likely just have the amp
plugin hard coded, with a quick ncurses interface to show a
slider, but no reason why it couldnt be made generic.

Iain.