[linux-audio-user] Neuros

Spencer Russell Spencer.Russell at oberlin.edu
Mon Jan 10 18:51:42 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 04:53:40PM +0200, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> Neuron is only device which seems to have free (as in freedom)
> transfer method between the device and computer.

I have an iRiver iHP-120 (now called the H120), and it's awesome.
It's about the same size as an iPod, but it shows up as a regular
USB2.0 HD, with no special software. So you just drag your music
onto it, and you can listen. It also has a built in microphone
(which sounds pretty terrible), and also a line level I/O,
optical I/O, and a 1/8 mic input. It's not free as in speech, and
definently not free as in beer, but it's a great unit. The open
source firmware on the neuros is really great, but the unit
itself is pretty large. When I bought this, though, I was
seriously considering the neuros, because of all the potential
for a lot of user-driven features, so you'd probably be happy
with either one.

-spencer