[linux-audio-user] recommended music

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at rfa.org
Wed Jan 12 21:19:57 EST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 02:27:10AM +0300, Dmitry Baikov wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:17:22 -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki
> <rzewnickie at rfa.org> wrote:
> > nitzer ebb
> finally :)
> on my side I can mention in no particular order:
> FLA, Skinny Puppy, Fear Factory, Current 93, Coil, Soulfly, Pantera,
> Pink Floyd, Faith No More, Jarre, Metallica, Das Ich, Rage Against The
> Machine... Aphex Twin, Lacrimosa.... i think that's enough for now ;)

ok, so how about fates warning?

anyway ... on to other genres

i don't think anyone mentioned Django Reinhardt, yet.

some other favorites of mine, in no particular order, and not including
stuff that I remember all ready having been mentioned in this thread
(and with out appropriate diacritical marks or special characters I
don't know how to type because I'm lazy):

Thelonious Monk (i know, i know ... already mentioned, but he is the
                 best of the best for me)

gorecki
lutoslawski
bach
bartok
piazzola
paco pena
midnight oil
minor threat
blood sweat and tears
john mayall
arvo part
steve reich
shostakovich
NIN
REM
leonard cohen
cat stevens
the cure
the the
gil evans
the MJQ
antheil
stravinsky
sisters of mercy
taj mahal
joni mitchell
victor wooten
joy division
bauhaus
abecedarians
philip glass
soundgarden (up to and including "louder than love", but not after)
new order (crappy nth generation cassette dubs off LPs ... the real
           thing on CD sounds very weird to me)
bad brains
brahms
ondekoza
any gamalan
kronos quartet
john adams

oh heck ... i could go on all night.
--
Eric Dantan Rzewnicki  |  Systems Engineer I
Technical Operations Division  |  Radio Free Asia