[linux-audio-user] Pushing emu10k1 performance

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Jan 14 17:50:05 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 16:32 +0100, Antonio wrote:
> I Guys,
> I'd like to see what are the best latency performance now obtainable
> with an audigy oem with a recent system.
>
> I run Demudi, and I can run out-of-the-box jack 2x512 at 48000 very well
> with very rare xruns only when I open or close pd. On the contrary
> running jack 2x256 at 48000 (which would be optimal for the latency)
> gives me an xrun each some minutes, and is indeed not suitable for
> recording.

You should be able to go down to 32 frames.  But in order to go lower
than 512 you need to either run in playback only mode or use the hw:0,2
device for capture rather than the default hw:0,0.  Since the capture
buffers have fixed size, if you want to run in full duplex mode at low
latencies you have to increase the number of capture channels (thus
filling the buffer more quickly -> lower latency) by using the EFX
voices mask control.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/13022

Lee