[linux-audio-user] jack questions

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Sun Jan 16 15:19:27 EST 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 15:20, Harald Milz wrote:
> I'm also missing an opportunity of using the CMI8738's three line outs
> (front, rear, Center/LFE), or at least front and rear (-dsurround40).  But
> jack does not seem to like that:
> I assume one could achieve the result by using ac3jack and ac3dec but this
> is a hassle. It would be better if jackd could handle this directly. Or am
> I missing soomething?

Try starting jackd without tellung about a channel count  and than see how
many out channels you have available, I did so with my intern intel-8x0 and
discovered 6 mono outputs in qjackctl. ;-)

Arnold
--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe