[linux-audio-user] Advice Saxophone Music

Glenn McCord clari_player at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jan 18 00:17:55 EST 2005

Hi, thanks for the reply. After 2 1/2 weeks I figured you may be willing
to answer a couple more questions.
Does the Universal Method for Saxophone go up to an advanced level. I
have a student who's just gone through the Abracadabra book for sax and
I want to get him on to something solid rather than just photocopied
music. Does this book progress to an advanced level and does it have
more than just exercises? What style of music does it include i.e does
it revolve around classical, jazz or does it mix.

The other question is, do you have any recommendations for Sax solo
performance books or pieces. James Rae writes some some fine 1-2 pages
solo pieces of varying difficulty and style. If you haven't heard of
him, look him up. 20 Modern Etudes for Sax, or 40 Modern Etudes for
Clarinet is a real beaut (I'm really a clarinetist doing sax). More
music like that is what I'm after.

Perhaps I should just write my own. Gosh, how long have I been saying that.

Thanks,
Glenn