[linux-audio-user] ams PCM input?

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 20:41:29 EST 2005

How can I get the line in from my soundcard routed into ams?  I tried
adding a PCM IN module and a PCM OUT module, then connecting them
together.  I've connected the ams out to alsa_pcm playpack 1 and 2,
and alsa_pcm captures 1 and 2 are connected to the ams ins (I did all
that with qjackctl).

I know jack and everything else are working because I can load the
example_basic.ams patch, plug in my USB contoller, connect them in
qjackctl and hear the output.

What I want to do now is send the signal from my bass guitar into ams,
then back out (i.e. use it as an effect processor).

Also, is there a module that will convert an audio signal to CV?  I
know MCV converts MIDI to CV.

Finally, is there another modular synth-type app that makes what I'm
trying to do any easier?