[linux-audio-user] ams PCM input?

David Cournapeau cournape at enst.fr
Wed Jan 19 02:03:59 EST 2005

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:56:59 +0900
>David Cournapeau <cournape at enst.fr> wrote:
>

>>It is way more difficult than that. Finding the pitch of a signal, even
>>monophonic, is *very* tricky, for real instruments.
>>

>Accuracy, speed, reliability; pick one and you'd be lucky to get 50%
>of what you want :-).
>
>Erik

If you are willing to give up on speed (I mean really giving up on
speed, ie being ready to wait for several seconds for one second of
sound on a modern computer), matching pursuit with harmonic atoms works
really well from my experience. I could find the different notes of one
piano chord with a "good" accuracy.

See a description here
http://www.irisa.fr/metiss/gribonval/Papers/2003/IEEESP/harmonicMP.pdf

David