[linux-audio-user] Jack Rack & machine speach questions - (WAS:multiband compression with ecasound and ladspa)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:00:32 EST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:22:45 +0000, Steve Harris
<S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:58:40 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >    My first idea was to use the info provided earlier that Jamin is
> > really using ladspa plugins and consider Jack Rack and a simple set of
>
> For clarity: its not just plugins, the EQ and crossover sections are not
> plugins, and probably shouldn't be.

I didn't mean to imply that Jamin was only plugins, but rather that I
think you said that the compressors were so thee should be no
differences using them in Jack-Rack or Jamin.

By crossover do you mean the section that divides the input signal
into the number of bands you want? Why should that not be a
specialized plugin or even a collection of stand alone linear phase
bandpass filters? What's lost in the audio by doing it that way?

Thanks,
Mark