[linux-audio-user] CPU temperature, mp3 decoding and

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Jan 20 13:55:05 EST 2005

Hallo,
Jon B hat gesagt: // Jon B wrote:

> I want something that doesn't crash, has a GUI that works on more than
> just the developer's screen, can play all file types effortlessly
> and...  well...  is easy to use.  I guess that's too much to ask for a
> linux app...

For years I'm now using Alsaplayer, which still is the most stable one
for me. The only thing missing is sortable playlist, which is really a
bad thing to miss, however its combination of ease of use, simple
interface, stability and leanness is without par, IMO. (I don't use
KDE nor Gnome, so I don't want a player relying on it.) And think of
it: Alsaplayer is so solid, that it wasn't even updated in months and
parts of it in years!!! ;)

Ciao