[linux-audio-user] configure terratec phase 26 USB

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jan 21 06:16:27 EST 2005

Hallo,
pascal lawrynowicz hat gesagt: // pascal lawrynowicz wrote:

> Few times ago i ask this list about the terratec phase 26 usb device.
> now i've got it and try to make it work with mandrake 10.1 community
> And not everything go the right way. I cannot make it work properly.
> Maybe first i must tell that i'm a newbie and all knowledge about linux
> is hard to understand for me. So i need help and i hope you can help me.
> Here is a little descrition of the problem :
>
> mandrake 10.1 community / kernel : 2.6.8.1-10mdksmp SMP 686 gcc-3.4 /
> ALSA v 1.0.6 / kde desktop
>
> The good :
> -phase 26 usb seems to be recognize. I've got the the speaker at the
> bottom of my desk. Kmix give me : out = 1 fader, 1 pan and a green light
> ; in = nothing

It is working, ALSA is fine, everything on that side is perfect.

> -kde configuration : config system > sound system activated ; test sound
> : ok i can hear something

Sound system activated means: Artsd is running. A lot of sound
software doesn't like Arts. You need to descide, if you really want to
use the KDE-Soundsystem.

> The bad :
> -no sound closing windows, clicking, mouse etc...
> -cannot play a cd
> -audacity : an error accurs during I/O audio initialisation. Cannot play
> or record audio. Error : host error (no dev inside)
> -amarok : nothing to listen
> -rosegarden cannot open
> -xmms : nothing

You either need to disable Arts, or tell the software, to use Arts.
This is specific to the software you want to use and info about this
should be in the software's manual. As I wrote above, nothing of this
is the fault of ALSA, which appears to be working perfectly.

Ciao