[linux-audio-user] Korg Keyboard running Linux

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Jan 21 18:45:11 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 17:07 -0600, Ryan Gallagher wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 22:59 -0500, Them wrote:
> > http://www.korg.com/gear/product_info.asp?A_PROD_NO=OASYS
>
> Uhm... cool.  No wait, that sucks... no maybe it'll become cool one day.
> No, no, yeah it sucks:
>
> "running newly-developed proprietary software atop Linux underpinnings"
>
> It's what I'll call a "grab-n-dash" get a low latency OS and give
> nothing back.  Someone please tell me I'm wrong.  :(

Great, it's good to know that no matter how much I contribute to the
Linux community I will be written off if I ever release a Linux based
product with one line of proprietary code in it.

Anyway if the people who wrote Linux didn't want vendors to be able to
use it as a base for their proprietary software offerings I'm pretty
sure they would have chosen a different license.

If they modify the *kernel* to improve the latency they'd have to make
that code open.

As far as I'm concerned, the system works.

Lee