[linux-audio-user] denormal safe filters ...

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jan 23 07:45:35 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 10:26:30 +0100, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> hi all ...
>
> are there any denormal safe filters as ladspa plugins out there? all
> filters i tried either crash or eat up my cpu power due denormals ...

I believe that my biquad based filters (dj_eq_1901, lcr_delay_1436,
single_para_1203 and triple_para_1204) are denormal safe, if not I'd like
to know about it as it can be fixed.

If anyones looking for a quick project, a denormal tester* would be very
useful. Small denormal problems are hard to detect in testing on Athlon
and Pentium 3/M machines (all I use for devel and testing).

* run a few seconds worth of sinewave into plugin, measure min/avg/max cpu
  cost, run 0's in, repeat measurement, compare

- Steve