[linux-audio-user] DeMuDi unusable on widescreen nVidia

Jon B 30plxf602 at sneakemail.com
Sun Jan 23 15:34:43 EST 2005

> No. If you want to use DeMuDi, then install AGNULA/DeMuDi. You are asking for
> trouble if you try to install it backwards like this. The main problem you
> are likely to be experiencing with DeMuDi is that it doesn't support
> proprietary drivers, so the nVidia support is limited. PlanetCCRMA/Fedora or
> Mandrake might be more sympathetic to your hardware.

Uh.  That's what I did.  And it's completely unusable.  So I asked if
there is an alternative way to get the same functionality.  According
to Agnula:

"Q: Can I install A/DeMuDi over an existing Debian installation?
A: Yes, at least as long as you are running Sarge. Follow the following steps"

http://www.agnula.org/download/demudi/1.2.0-FAQ#Upgrading

And according to something I read somewhere, Libranet can be used as
an (easy) installer for a normal debian system.  You just do a
"minimal install" and then dist-upgrade to testing and all will be
perfectly debian.  Or so I read.  (And can't find it now.)  If another
distro like Mepis can be used the same way, that would be good.  I've
tried the debian installer by itself and it was a nightmare.