[linux-audio-user] Re: DeMuDi unusable on widescreen nVidia

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Jan 25 13:49:00 EST 2005

http://alsa.opensrc.org is always hungry for additions.

>>What you say is probably possible. Good luck!
>
> Possible, but not without a struggle.  Does anyone know how to get
> nvidia drivers loaded for the 2.6.9-multimedia-686 kernel?  I've tried
> 3 or 4 methods and haven't gotten it.  Says something about VMALLOC
> error.

This is one point where Gentoo shines... roll new kernel,
reboot and run emerge nvidia-kernel and it Just Works.

Have you considered rolling your own kernel ? The config
options for the current kernel should be in /proc/config.gz
so you already have all the settings for 2.6.9-multimedia-686
kernel... but I am not sure of what patches they may apply.

I suspect that if DeMuDi do not provide a compatible nv
driver then you may have no option but to roll a new kernel
and compile the nVidia source specifically for that kernel.

--markc