[linux-audio-user] RME Multiface with ALSA 1.08

Martin Wohlleben Martin.Wohlleben at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 13:14:40 EST 2005

Hello,

is anybody using ALSA 1.08 with a RME Multiface over Cardbus interface?
I'm currently working with a SUSE Kernel 2.6.5 and tried a SUSE Kernel 2.6.8
too.
The Kernel 2.6.5 work's fine with ALSA 1.03 but after an upgrade to ALSA 1.08
I got problems with the hdspmixer from alsa-tools.
The same problem occured with SuSE's 2.6.8 Kernel from SuSE 9.2 - even without
an update to ALSA 1.08.
After the upgrade the peaks of the first 7 analog channels jitter and the RMS
values (calculated by Multiface) aren't updated right.
The sound is ok but the hdspmixer problem is real annoying.

Anybody who got his Multiface working with ALSA 1.08?