[linux-audio-user] Decent reverb, and DSP in hardware?

Johannes M Ringheim jri at broadpark.no
Wed Jan 26 10:26:47 EST 2005

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

>No. The point i'm trying to make is: Don't use reverbs. Think of real
>rooms instead of technical devices. It will change your music. This is
>about *music*, right?

There once was a site called silophone.net where you could upload your
sounds and have them played through a silo. The system used lowres
realaudio, so it was not fit for audiowork. It lead me to a mad idea,
though. This was to have a silo or other kind of room with nice reverb,
wich you could play sounds through via the net and download them in high
quality. This would provide a good natural reverb. In fact some studios
use similar analog/mechanic reverbs where they have a hole in the
concrete wall with a speaker and mike, and mix that with the original
signal to make reverb.

Anyone know if such a service exist? Would this be a good idea? I'm also
wondering if the "convolution" tecnique, wich I've never heard of
before,  could be useful in connection with such a reverb system.

--
-johannes ringheim,
 ringheims auto