[linux-audio-user] Decent reverb, and DSP in hardware?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Wed Jan 26 11:11:54 EST 2005

mercoledì, 26 gennaio 2005 alle 16:26:47, Johannes M Ringheim ha scritto:

> Anyone know if such a service exist? Would this be a good idea? I'm also
> wondering if the "convolution" tecnique, wich I've never heard of
> before,  could be useful in connection with such a reverb system.

Yes, I've used only with csound (there's an opcode called convolve), but
brutefir should be a dedicated app to do convolution. There's a lot of
impulses on the web to use for convolution based reverberation:

http://altiverb.daw-mac.com/library.html
http://www.audioease.com/IR/index.html
http://www.digifreq.com/digifreq/discussdetail.asp?TopicID=4092
http://www.cksde.com/p_6_250.htm
http://purgatorycreek.com/convolution.html
http://www.xs4all.nl/~fokkie/IR.htm#Downloads
http://www.memi.com/echochamber/responses/index.html
http://www.phonmeister.de/samp.htm
http://www.ressl.com.ar/realreverb/index_old.html
http://pcangelo.ramsete.com/Public/IMP-RESP/
http://www.memi.com/echochamber/responses/index.html

(those link are not controlled, some may not exist anymore)

Here is a description of the process with csound:

http://kevindumpscore.com/docs/csound-manual/convolve.html

I'm not that expert, but I've done it in the past and the results were
impressive, though I don't know if it can be done in realtime (probably
yes, with a powerful machine)

Best regards,
--
Emiliano Grilli