[linux-audio-user] Solfege on gentoo?

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Wed Jan 26 12:23:46 EST 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:18:14 -0500
Dave Phillips <dlphilp at bright.net> wrote:

>   I just took a look at the audio preferences for 2.0.2, there's no
> provision for anything ALSA. :(
>
>   The other options offered were /dev/sequencer, /dev/sequencer2,
> /dev/music, and none. Selecting /dev/sequencer2 and /dev/music gave me
> error messages, /dev/sequencer was selected without error but I got no
> sound from the test. No MIDI activity appeared on my patchbay.
>
>   The Solfege Web site includes instructions for wedding timidity to
> /dev/music. Didn't work for me though, I still received the error for
> /dev/music.

Hi,

easy workaround:

Check "use external midiplayer" and enter:

aplaymidi -p 129:0 %s

Change the 129:0 to the corresponding port, of course [i use fluidsynth
and it happens to open port 129:0 if it's the only midi app on my system
:)] I suppose it would be possible to automate this: If you know you
always use fluidsynth, it is possible to replace aplaymidi with a script
that parses the output of

aconnect -io | grep -i fluid

and calls aplaymidi with the right -p parameter.. my own shell skillz
are to n00b though..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!