[linux-audio-user] Decent reverb, and DSP in hardware?

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Wed Jan 26 16:18:31 EST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 21:50, Esben Stien wrote:
> Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> writes:
> > Most of them seem to be free software (there is a restriction that
> > you need Eugene's permission to use the DSP code in a commercial
> > product).
> This is a restriction that does not exist with free software.

This depends afaik on the license you use. As far as I remember the GPL allows
using the code in commercial products with making the changes public as LGPL
is somehow changed. Wether it was more close or more open I don't remember...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe