[linux-audio-user] Decent reverb, and DSP in hardware?

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Fri Jan 28 03:08:58 EST 2005

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki <rzewnickie at rfa.org>:

> Turning this on it's head, has anyone experimented with mixing
> different sonic spaces in the same piece? I do it all the time in my
> haphazard, random and noisy ways. But, I wonder if there are others
> using this idea or if it might even be a standard practice to some
> degree.

Brian Wilson, George Martin. Just to name 2 definite wizards of sonic
space. There's never one straight coherent space in their mixes and yet
they work of course. I think the coherency of their work is rooted in
the whole setup: The Beach Boys were supposed to crank out hit singles.
Therefore Capitol took them to the finely tuned Western Studio 3, Brian
learned the instrument and there you are. It made sense.

Wolfgang