[linux-audio-user] ALSA drivers don't stick...

paul wisehart lau at lupulin.net
Fri Jan 28 10:45:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I had a similiar problem on my laptop ... which is running windows
now, so I can't give you the exact details, but try this:

THere are 2 similiar alsa drivers for snd_intel8x0
(I think that the other one has an "m" at the end.)

Well the wrong one was getting loaded in my machine.
I just move the offending one out of the /lib/modules/<kernel-version> directory,
and all is well.  I actually do that each time I build a new kernel.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 12:46:37AM -0500, Erik Thorsson wrote:
> I have to run 'alsaconf' every time I boot my Debian Sarge 2.6.8-1 box
> to get sound to work.
>
> It detects the 'intel8x0 Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Sound
> Controller (rev a0)'.

paul    \  /
wisehart >/
   <//////$>