[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANNOUNCE] jack_convolve-0.0.1

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Jan 29 08:53:27 EST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 10:28:23 +0100
Fons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:14:49AM +0100, Florian Schmidt wrote:
>
> > So there's plenty room for optimization (and some return value checking
> > will be added too ;)).. If you know some tricks, let me know.. The
> > sourcecode is pasted below for easier reference.
>
> For a typcal stereo room simulation, what you need is actually
>
> | L' |    | a   b | | L |
> |    | =  |       | |   |
> | R' |    | c   d | | R |
>
> where a, b, c, d are the responses to be convolved with.

hmm, are a and b real and imag part of the FFT of the response for one
channel? otherwise i wouldn't see how a stereo response file would have
4 values.. care to elaborate some? I hacked this thing in 1 day [incl.
learning how convolution and partitioned convolution works - i actually
wondered: what takes longer: writing a convolution engine or grokking
brutefir's config files ;)], so i wouldn't be surprised if i made
fundamental mistakes.. OTOH it sounds quite good even now..

> In its present form, you code will do this if you split inputs
> and recombine outputs, but only with a lot of redundant work.
>
> It could be a good idea to have a more flexible I/O configuration
> that would allow this.

as i don't grok the first part, i don't grok this either..

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/