[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Jackit-devel] Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] jack_convolve-0.0.1

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Jan 29 15:04:56 EST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:44:47 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'd recommend the half-complex format, it makes hte FFT much faster and
> reduces the ammount of memory you have to touch. The only pain is that the
> format is a bit wierd to work with.

I see. Plus the simultaenous forward and backward memory access during
the complex multiply [as noted in brutefir docs]. This can be pretty
easily plugged in when i have my head free to grok how to do the
multiplication in the half complex format [some days from now on].

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/