[linux-audio-user] Speeding up Speech

Dirk Jagdmann doj at cubic.org
Sun Jan 30 05:22:10 EST 2005

> Also, I've got about 4,000 cassette tapes I would like to digitize. I
> can do about  1.5 a day with it playing at regular speeds.  If I do it
> about 200 days out of the year I figure it will take me about 13
> years!!  Do anyone know of a handy way to digitize at high speeds.

I have a double cassette deck, which features a High-Speed Copy Mode.
Sony TC-WR356S. High pitched sound is outputted as normal. I guess it's
doing a 4x speedup. So if you get yourself a 96KHz capable card, you
would have an effective sample Rate of 24KHz, which should be ok for
speech. If you want the full Sample rate, you'll have to get 192KHz
hardware of course.

--
---> doj / cubic
----> http://cubic.org/~doj