[linux-audio-user] software for a live audio desk

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 30 08:01:43 EST 2005

Hallo,
Anthony Baxter hat gesagt: // Anthony Baxter wrote:

> I'm looking for software for driving a sound system during a live
> performance (of a play). All the sound is pre-recorded (no live
> mikes) but it should be able to deal with multiple sound devices
> (for different channels), and live mixing (e.g. backing music, then
> sound effects over the top, cued manually). I can't find anything
> that seems to fit this - am I going to have to write it myself?

Why not, using for example Pd or Supercollider or even Csound?

However there also are some specialized players around.

Soundpanel there to help in radio production, but might be useful
on stage, too: http://www.salemradiolabs.com/soundpanel/

"RTMix is a visual performance interface for interactive
electroacoustic art": http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/cpu.shtml

Ciao